Saturday, April 22, 2006

At A Loss

Went down to the Five and Dime, bought myself a copy of Time. And, on the cover, was a woman that I knew when I was excavating in the mountains of Peru. Caught a plane to LIA, didn't know what I would say, maybe she would like me, I had lost a lot of weight since she had last seen me in 1988.

Went to a local bar, ordered a Cerveza, asked a man about the woman on the cover. "Dijo claro que si, es El Presidente's daughter." Asked him where she might be; "You did not hear this from me: the girl is a terrorista en las montanas a Chuquibambilla." Took a bus through mountains, oh, my head was pounding. Gotta keep strong and carry on. Gotta keep strong, it won't be long. Arrived in the villa, surrounded by guerillas; then my girl took me in her arms.

She said, "How you been? Oh, but I'll see you again." I woke up in a coffin underneath an altar to the east of Machu Pichu. The sun was bright, it burned my eyes. I knew that she was gone, so I went down to the riverside, I cried. I went down to the riverside, I went down and I cried.

Muchas veces, I'm at a loss, I don't know if I'm coming or I'm going.
Muchas veces, I'm at a loss as what to do.

My friends say she's nothing but pain. I say that I still love her the same. All she needs is a little bit of love and I'm sure I can make her change. So What about that girl in Zaire that you met while a volunteer? She got quite the education and quite the pair of legs on her." Oh, she married an Englishman, a correspondent for CNN. She thought he was rather handsome in a UN blue flak jacket. Oh, I see where you're coming from, but for me there is no other one. I must be on my merry way.

Clutch's "Muchas Veces." Sometimes I'd rather post song lyrics than commentary. So sue me. ;P

No comments: